When you get to the top of your pro-athlete career, are you ready for what’s next?
With six pro seasons and his best year yet, NY Jets linebacker Josh Martin has been sidelined by two concussions that landed him on the injured reserve list for the rest of the season, and forced him to think about accelerating the process of planning life and what’s next after football. He discusses team building, how he was unprepared the change of culture that’s needed for well-rounded success, and about forming a strong and diverse management team to be ready for the next chapter. Plus, the need for pro athletes to create a strong social media presence, and his surprising musical side.
Josh Martin joins host Dale Moss in the MouthMedia Network studios powered by Sennheiser.
In this Game Plan:
- Coming off a concussion, taking time and flipping it into a positive
- The high injury rate in the NFL, learning how to deal with injury
- How Josh got involved in the music space
- Building the right business team
- Recognizing pro athletics is a business, and you are a brand
- Performing at a high level and recognizing the stress of that
- Jets—the most difficult things about starting that journey
- The most important team Josh built
- What Josh has learned from veterans in the locker room, and the importance of approaching experienced people for tokens of wisdom