Pain goes hand in hand with professional sports…
What’s done about that pain can vary and professional athletes are not immune from the effects of the opioid epidemic; there are real alternatives for pain relief without the need for opioids, and how it all may not be about addressing pain as what’s going on in the body and mind behind the pain.
Christopher Kebreau, Dr. of Pharmacy and Fitness Motivator (a “pharmathlete” who works with professional athletes), joins host Dale Moss in the MouthMedia Network studios powered by Sennheiser.
In this Game Plan:
- Opioid epidemic and what athletes are going through
- Why athletes are resorting to pills
- Quick fixes under the pressure to do so
- Accelerated recovery time playing a role
- The need to talk about pain issues and pharmaceuticals, having a plan
- How the supplementation industry has exploded, but a lot of useless options out there
- Sports teams starting to add nutritionists on staff and nutritional psychology
- Perform better and recover faster with whole body approach—very new thinking
- Mental and healthy culture, food, total body approach
- Stretching makes huge difference
- Pharmacy meets personal training
- Nobody takes care of your body better than you